Friday, July 29, 2011

ANGELFIRE by Courtney Allison Moulton

I know, I know. Three reviews in two days. I promise I'll slow down after this.

The Blurb:


First there are the nightmares.


Every night Ellie is haunted by terrifying dreams of monstrous creatures that are hunting her, killing her.

Then come the memories.


when Ellie meets Will, she feels on the verge of remembering something just beyond her grasp. His attention is intense and romantic, and Ellie feels like her soul has known him for centuries. On her seventeenth birthday, on a dark street at midnight, Will awakens Ellie's power, and she knows that she can fight the creatures that stalk her in the grim darkness. Only Will holds the key to Ellie's memories, whole lifetimes of them, and when she looks at him, she can no longer pretend anything was just a dream.

Now she must hunt.


Ellie has power that no one can match, and her role is to hunt and kill the reapers that prey on human souls. But in order to survive the dangerous and ancient battle of the angels and the Fallen, she must also hunt for their secrets of her past lives and truths that may be too frightening to remember.

The Afterglow:


AAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!

I. Love. This. Book.

I haven't been this excited since the seventh Harry Potter book came out! (And that's saying something!) It seriously may be my new favorite book. Oh my gosh. Not only is the plot interesting and original, the writing is vivid and descriptive and I felt as if I was watching a movie. I wouldn't be surprised if this does turn into a movie someday. The characters were gripping and realistic, and I found myself attached to them almost from the very beginning.

This book is action packed. There's not a moment of it that is dull. Not only are the scenes full of adrenaline, they are easy to envision. I found myself taking notes for the battle scenes in my own books, but I don't think I could ever match ANGELFIRE.

The love story----Oh. My. Gosh. I felt as if my heart was going to break in almost every chapter. Can I please have Will to myself? Please please please?! That would be the best present ever. I think I love him--no, I know I love him.

So, that's all I'm going to say about it....I don't want to spoil everything, and if I keep typing much longer I will. If you love action-packed YA fantasy, and even if you don't, pick this book up. Tomorrow if possible.

When WINGS OF THE WICKED comes out next year, you will find me at the store the next day. I guarantee it.

♥tg

4 comments:

  1. Wow, when you told me you were enjoying it I had no idea it was on this scale! Now I HAVE to read it! Thanks for the review, Tiff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought this book. Thanks for the great review that's getting me excited to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you were in love I don't want you to slow down! Not that my TBR list needs any help but this one definitely has climbed the list thanks to your review!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip. I've got it on my list.

    ReplyDelete