Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Gathering Storm by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson

The 12th book in the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. A "friend" turned me on to this series of 14, yes 14 books and I'm still friends with him.

On goodreads


This is the first one written by Brandon Sanderson due to Jordan's death in 2007. (How can he die before he's done?) I can't say that the books would stand alone well, but the character development is amazing. This one left me happy for the growth of the main characters and hopeful for their future. I can't wait to start the next one. Sanderson has to get us to the last battle  in these final two books and I'm wondering if such a build up of storyline will live up to its promises. I'll let you know.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, fourteen books. Paradigm shift. Definition of 'epic' changed. :)

    Thanks for the review! Enjoy the final book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the very first Wheel of Time, but never got around to the rest of them. Maybe I should.

    ReplyDelete